"Wonderful World" in a Japanese Drama?

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

"Wonderful World" in a Japanese Drama?

Postby njanjayrp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:08 pm

OK, this isn't a joke 8) Yumi tweeted @ me, so -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DBJb7V ... ture=share

The official site of the FujiTV drama -> http://www.fujitv.co.jp/shiawase/index.html. It's gonna start airing on 18.04.2001. I am still not sure if they've just used it in a CM or if they are going to use it as an insert/OP theme? I guess we'll see.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Re: "Wonderful World" in a Japanese Drama?

Postby John » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Interesting...I doubt that'll have the impact that the LG commercial had in Korea in terms of sales, but we'll see. Too bad this kind of exposure is 2 years too late.

& since they've been using Wonderful World in these tie-ins, I wonder if that means that the next album will be an Eternity∞ album.
Adagio
February 4, 2004
My favorite Jade Valerie album! :)
John
Team Jade

Postby njanjayrp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

It seems that Heiko had plans to travel to Tokyo in March this year, but it hasn't been confirmed back at the time and I am guessing that the whole disaster slowed everything down...who knows, I haven't been able to get a reply from him in 2 months :(

Anyways I do agree with John, though it doesn't matter, remember how Don't Push Me became a hit in Korea years after the album was released. I am rooting for a new Eternity album, but we'll see, hopefully soon enough =D
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby John » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Don't Push Me was actually the song used to promote the Jade album in Korea (the Jade album came out in Korea in 2004, almost 2 years after the Japanese release). Jade & her team were planning to (re)enter the Korean market in spring 2004 with Jade & Adagio by releasing DPM & Life Is Cool, respectively, as ringtones, online streaming, etc & both songs became big hits.
I guess a more accurate analogy would be the success of Cinderella in Korea, since the release of Classified in 2001 in Korea went largely unnoticed, but in 2004 with Sweetbox's return to Korea, the song became very popular, without (from what I know) largely boosting the sales of the album.
Adagio
February 4, 2004
My favorite Jade Valerie album! :)
John
Team Jade

Postby YUMI » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:59 am

Nem wrote:It seems that Heiko had plans to travel to Tokyo in March this year, but it hasn't been confirmed back at the time and I am guessing that the whole disaster slowed everything down...who knows, I haven't been able to get a reply from him in 2 months :(

After the earthquake, I told him not to come!! I'm sure he is trying to catch up with everything.
The theme song of the Drama is a new song by SMAP. However CD factory in North has been damaged and they decided not to release it pyhisically, and make it available digitaly.

Re Jade, I hope it'll be used every week!!
Fuji TV, Mon 9pm (Getsu-ku) is a big deal!! - So many famous Dramas in the past and hope new one would be popular too. Last season, They used some songs from P!NK's greatest hits album. I hope that's the case for Jade (ETERNITY) too!! :D
YUMI
Boyfriend Initiate

Postby TopCat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:43 pm

It's funny that this song gets attention so long after it was released, but I hope it's gonna help them a little for new releases, at least for getting their name to be known better.
TopCat
Razorman Initiate

Postby YUMI » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 am

I've seen the commercial many times on TV!
now am convinced that it's a insert :mrgreen:
Main casts are promoting the Drama on several live TV shows all day today and they always use Wonderful World during their interview!!
YUMI
Boyfriend Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am

Let's hope the drama becomes successful and that more people notice Wonderful World.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby Aeritho » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

omg, this might be an opportunity <3

Aeritho
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Yumi tweeted this:

http://www.discas.net/netdvd/trackRanki ... enreType=0

Wonderful World entered Tsutaya's digital charts top 10, it's currently #7!
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby ALfromHELLSING » Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 pm

wow song has finally got some attention, better than never I think. Maybe they should release this new mix in Japan too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage amazin' stamps by Vhazza
ALfromHELLSING
Just Another Day Initiate

Return to Jade Valerie News