Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED - October 5 in Los Angeles

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Re: Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED - October 5 in Los Angeles

Postby John » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:11 am

Taotrac wrote:I'd at least rather Jade go this route than never hitting the right stone with some of the project demos that have been around... that brand of pop has just gone and went so long ago.

The pop demos just happen to be the ones that have been leaked. She has worked on music in Nashville, but none of it has leaked, so we don't have a complete picture of the music she's been working on in the past few years. Take Around, for example. Does that sound like any of the LA demos? Jade loves working in Nashville and she has worked on some country music, but I don't know if there are any plans with it.

Her Hotel Cafe performances also are more convenient for her than if she were to perform in Nashville because they fit with her schedule to work in LA and visit her family in San Diego. I'm not saying that she wouldn't perform in Nashville, but it would probably have to be more something more significant than a 3-5 song set to get her to come there with a band.

Taotrac wrote:And kick the horrible back-up band!

To be fair, the stage at the Hotel Cafe is small. For this last performance, she had a drummer and a keyboardist, whom she didn't have when I saw her for her first performance there. The Hotel Cafe is also the type of venue for artists with minimal accompaniment.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Taotrac wrote:Even performing at ComicCon events for 1,000 Words and Real Emotion would probably give half those people a heartattack. They hold Karoke events at those all the time for gamer songs, and it'd probably put an event on the map.

OMG yes! Where the F was she for the FFX and X-2 re-release? I was so ready. :(
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby John » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 am

Dreamquake wrote:
Taotrac wrote:Even performing at ComicCon events for 1,000 Words and Real Emotion would probably give half those people a heartattack. They hold Karoke events at those all the time for gamer songs, and it'd probably put an event on the map.

Excuse my ignorance, but did Rikki or Koda Kumi do anything for the re-release? I always thought that re-releases weren't really promoted, so I didn't expect Jade to do anything. As she said before, she's grateful that she did the FFX-2 songs, but you can't blame her - especially as a singer who writes her own songs - that she wouldn't want to be known only as the 1000 Words & real Emotion girl.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby njanjayrp » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:29 am

John wrote:
Dreamquake wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but did Rikki or Koda Kumi do anything for the re-release? I always thought that re-releases weren't really promoted, so I didn't expect Jade to do anything. As she said before, she's grateful that she did the FFX-2 songs, but you can't blame her - especially as a singer who writes her own songs - that she wouldn't want to be known only as the 1000 Words & real Emotion girl.

Why would Jade do anything for the re-release. The theme songs remained untouched. Square-Enix holds the right to those, if they wanted to do anything they'd ask the performers to do something, but they didn't.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby padmelover » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:29 am

njanjayrp wrote:
John wrote:
Dreamquake wrote:OMG yes! Where the F was she for the FFX and X-2 re-release? I was so ready. :(

Why would Jade do anything for the re-release. The theme songs remained untouched. Square-Enix holds the right to those, if they wanted to do anything they'd ask the performers to do something, but they didn't.

It would've been cool, but Square doesn't promote anything anymore, and when they do, they just do the wrong thing (FFVII coming to PS4 *cough*)
padmelover
Adagio Initiate

Postby John » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Besides After the Lights, Lighter Shade of Blue, and Living by Numbers, I'm 99% sure that the other 2 songs were System Down and a cover of Trisha Yearwood's On a Bus to St. Cloud. Here's Trisha Yearwood's original version:

It's very much a song that Jade would cover!

This show was recorded, but the footage from Jade's set was unfortunately lost. At least we still have some clips and pics.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 am

Not you gals taking my flippant comment so seriously. :lol:
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Previous

Return to Jade Valerie News