Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Re: Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Postby John » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:25 am

I'm impressed! After Jade's demos in LA & Symphobia's previous singles, I expected something upbeat & light, but this is cool & unique! Jade looks & sounds beautiful, as always! I can't wait to buy the single next week!

I'm also thrilled that there's a new Jade music video! We all know that she has fewer than many artists, so any new one is a treat, especially after she stopped releasing music consistently in 2011.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby njanjayrp » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 pm

What's done is done is actually pretty good, still don't like the rap...
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby John » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

For those of you with better ears, is Jade really doing the backup vocals for Marinoux? Maybe living in Geneva has made her confident enough to sing in French. :)
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Vhazza » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:41 am

Listening to it, I'm not entirely sure. If I was comparing it to the bridge where it sounds like Jade's singing her own backing vocals, it's a possibility. It my belief that, given enough practice, any one could sing in another language for those short lines. My other thought was was just Marinoux singing her own as I feel it's just too in harmony (if that makes sense)

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby John » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:20 am

Vhazza wrote:Listening to it, I'm not entirely sure. If I was comparing it to the bridge where it sounds like Jade's singing her own backing vocals, it's a possibility. It my belief that, given enough practice, any one could sing in another language for those short lines. My other thought was was just Marinoux singing her own as I feel it's just too in harmony (if that makes sense)

Regards
Vhari x

Yeah I completely agree. I asked because I was surprised to see her mime the French backup vocals in the video.

In other news, a version of the music video with the lyrics has been uploaded:
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Vhazza » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:52 pm

I'd say that the video suggests Jade singing backing vocals (because we never actually see her singing because of the lighting).

Now I can see the French, chuffed that I did actually understand what was being sang :) (even though it's been donkey years since I've studied that)

Ce qui s'est passé et passé
Des histories qu'on pourrait oublier
Et qu'on pourrait quitter
A tous jamais

Ce que arriva devait arriver
Meme si tu ne sais pas trop pourquoi
Un jours tu comprendras
Comprendras

Apres la pluie y a le beau temps y a le beau temps
Parfois perd parfois en gagne

What's done is done
Stories we could forget
And we could leave
To forever

What happened had to happen
Even if you do not know why
One day you will understand
understand

And I do believe the last line in french just translates as

After the storm here comes the sun here comes sun
Sometimes we lose, sometimes we won

(or it's proper translation is After the rain there is good weather was good weather/ occasionally lose occasionally win)

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Rhi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:22 pm

The French is a little random with the song, she's a good singer though. Really like the song, can't wait to hear more. It's also nice to see Jade in a music video with her name on something releasing, the hopeful side of me wants it to be because she's looking at releasing something herself. They never were big for announcing things beforehand though
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby ALfromHELLSING » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:50 pm

I love What's Done Is Done. Sounds amazing. I wish Jade was part of the project and not just featured artist, but omg I shouldn't be complaining this is like first Jade + Geo song in forever. I might pick up the album if I like at least half of the songs.
ALfromHELLSING
Just Another Day Initiate

Postby hellozq » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:32 pm

This song was originally written by Jade for her own single/album, and actually a few months ago I uploaded a snippet of Jade's solo version (with a different title then), however, I was asked to remove everything about it, and I was told then it would be rewritten and reproduced for SYMPHOBIA. Then WDID was born, with the same bridge as in the original version. How I wish you could listen to Jade's original version, it's super!

Below is part of a reply that I got from Jade in relation to Geo's new project.

Hi ZQ,

Symphobia is Geo's new project. It's a project where different singers and artists contribute songs and ideas. Heiko and I are not in the project at all. Heiko has helped a bit business wise and I wrote a couple songs for it. But only because we are friends with Geo. I think the album comes out in January.

Eternity was a classic pop project that was basically like sweetbox. And that was something Geo and I did together. Symphobia is only Geo and it features many different artists and has a more urban style.
hellozq
Classified Initiate

Postby Jayme » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:04 pm

It seems that the idea for Symphobia must have changed since then to just Adeesha.

To be honest, I thought after Jamie left Sweetbox that that's what Heiko (Schmidt) should have done with the group - turn it into three or four artists on one album and have the same producer. It seems that'll never happen. Looks as though Sweetbox may not see another release.

I like the chemistry that Adeesha and Geo have. It's not like what Jade and Geo has but it's something special and different altogether. The Symphobia album intrigues me...
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby John » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:07 am

Thanks ZQ for that info!

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad about this:
Jade Valerie wrote:Eternity was a classic pop project that was basically like sweetbox. And that was something Geo and I did together.

So that pretty much scraps a second Eternity album, but that probably means that Jade only wants to release music under her own name in the future. I'm not stupid; I gave up hope of a second Eternity album years ago, but this confirms it. I wonder how far along, if at all, they worked on a second Eternity album. She mentioned in 2009 that she & Geo were going to write one in 2010, after all. Then Avex & Sony continued to promote Eternity into 2011 (& Avex even still now by linking it with Symphobia). It makes me wonder what happened.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 am

John wrote:Thanks ZQ for that info!

Jade Valerie wrote:Eternity was a classic pop project that was basically like sweetbox. And that was something Geo and I did together.

So that pretty much scraps a second Eternity album, but that probably means that Jade only wants to release music under her own name in the future. I'm not stupid; I gave up hope of a second Eternity album years ago, but this confirms it. I wonder how far along, if at all, they worked on a second Eternity album. She mentioned in 2009 that she & Geo were going to write one in 2010, after all. Then Avex & Sony continued to promote Eternity into 2011 (& Avex even still now by linking it with Symphobia). It makes me wonder what happened.

I would welcome more music under the Jade Valerie name. I liked the Eternity album but Bittersweet Symphony was my album of 2008.... I related to that album at that time in my life and I would kill for another like it...
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby hellozq » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:43 pm

John wrote:Thanks ZQ for that info!

Hey John, hope everything's well :)

Actually Heiko earlier revealed via an email that Jade stopped doing music due to her marriage and her baby, but he said that hopefully they would follow up with her solo project this year. So let's "HOPE" we can hear something new soooooon.
hellozq
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:26 pm

^Those might have been the main reasons because she has no longer lived in Frankfurt where Geo's studio is, but she's also used these past few years to work with other singers and songwriters in Europe and the US not only to work with different people but also to get her name out there and open some doors in those markets. We all know that Jade is such a creative person that, even when she doesn't release anything, she's always writing songs.

The What's Done Is Done single is now available on iTunes Japan!

It's weird to have that thrill of buying a new Jade song! I haven't felt like this in almost 4 years! :lol:
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby PeterJ » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 pm

ZQ, how come you get all this information? Do you speak with Jade herself?
PeterJ
Cinderella Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Jade Valerie News