Postby Rhi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 pm

I second those questions :lol:
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Re: Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Postby Aeritho » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:41 am

OMG I haven't been in here for ages and I have just found out about SYMPHOBIA

It's pretty random imo lol.

It's good to see and listen to Jade again but I have already given up my hopes of getting more music from her so...

Aeritho
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby John » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:11 am

Not brand new, but I just noticed this from the Symphobia website:

Symphobia wrote:New Video
"What's Done Is Done"
Hey there,

After a little break we're back with the latest song "What's Done Is Done". This song is more than just a "song" to us. It's a margin. We all carry experiences with us and from time to time it's necessary to face them. Sometimes we need to stand at the edge of a cliff to realize that things need to be changed. This is our moment.

"Things without remedy should be without regard: What's done is done"
Shakespeare "Macbeth"

Jade: What's done is done, but we aren't done yet! I had a lot of fun collaborating with Adeesha and Marinoux. If you are gonna stay up all night shooting a video I can't think of 2 better girls to do it with! I hope you enjoy and stay tuned for what's to come.....

Adeesha: I think that the fact, that the three of us come from three different continents, speak three different languages, got three different characters prooved that the world is not so difficult as it seems. Just try it too, it's fun......
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Joshorty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:09 am

I love how I come back here not only to discover Jade has a new song but the lyrics speaks for what I've been dealing with lately. Many of Jade's songs have always been a soundtrack to my life moments and it's no different now. Other than that, the chorus with Jade's voice is so nostalgic.

As for buying the album, I'll sadly have to hold it off until I have the chance to purchase it as a whole. It's been a while since I've imported new releases from Japan so this won't be easy :lol: I'll probably buy it from YesAsia, which counts towards Oricon ...
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby Jayme » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 pm

I agree Josh. Jade has a way of speaking to almost everyone.. Bittersweet Symphony was the soundtrack of my year for 2008 and 2009 with a rather uhmmmm... "tumultuous" relationship.. Saint Vox was another that really hit home for me.

Eternity just didn't, but that's an entirely different subject :P

Anyhow, I'm gonna try to order the Symphobia album this month but it might be a stretch.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 am

If you can't contain yourselves, there 1:30 samples for the full album on iTunes Japan now

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:29 am

Thanks Vhari! Favorites so far are "We Are", "Rachmaninov", "Play" and "Still Standing"... I really love all of them though.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby John » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 am

They'll probably make Victory an album-only track, but I'd still buy the whole album for 1 song. Only for Jade! XD
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby hellozq » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:23 am

I made an album sampler of Noc-Turn days ago. Please check it out here.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gV1-TItf6I8

Now the album is available for download on the iTunes. Just downloaded all the songs~ It's awesome!
hellozq
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Thankfully Victory is NOT an album-only track! I'm glad I can save my iTunes credit for other releases.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby ALfromHELLSING » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:47 am

I've listened to all previews and I'm really liking most of them. Album sounds very solid, singles have been amazing too. Great job GEO, now after Jade's brake give us another project together (yeah, I know wishful thinking).

My favourite previews are Still Standing (I wish Jade was featured here instead of Victory), Total Eclipse (thank God no more electronic voice), Rachmaninov and I Need Air (very nice too, but I need to hear full version). I'll try to get physical copy, but if I won't be able to I'll just get songs from the iTunes.

I think album cover could have been better, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter and probably anything is better than that atrocious Eternity cover.
ALfromHELLSING
Just Another Day Initiate

Postby John » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Like What's Done Is Done, Victory started off as an unfinished song that Jade wrote. Unlike WDID, however, it was originally a demo that she and Geo were working on, so it might have been from the supposed second Eternity album they working on in 2010. Here's some interesting info about the song:

Jade Valerie wrote:It started out as demo for me that we threw away. The c part used to be the first verse.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:41 pm

I just got my album and I have a few things to say about it. Hopefully no one takes it the wrong way....

- This is Geo's best produced album since maybe Addicted. I'm not saying the others were bad in anyway and while BSS is my favorite, Addicted was better produced, imo.. Noc-turn knocks everything he's done since then out of the park. There's a part in Rachmaninov where there's a lead up of just a piano melody and then Adeesha starts going really fast that just kind of has a way of taking my breath away. And SupahFreakinMarvelous is another that's produced fantastically.

- I honestly do not know what my favorite song is. I'll say Hungry BUT Trigger, Rachmaninov, I Need Air and SupahFreakinMarvelous all stand out. "Still Standing" is a nice track too... I know next to nothing about Marinoux but her voice almost puts me in a trance. It's beautiful.

- When it comes to Victory, I like it more then the preview I listened to. it gives me hope that Jade and Adeesha will work together more because there's definitely something between them that just works.

- Overall, the album is a solid 8/10. Great features and a solid debut album. I'm really praying this does well because it is truly an amazing album and if you have the funds to purchase it, do it. You won't regret it.

Edit: I'll also say that if you just buy the album for Jade, you're missing the big picture. Anything that Jade puts her name on and gives her stamp of approval to deserves a chance. Don't miss out just because it's not all Jade.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Rhi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I've ordered the album but it's not even been dispatched yet :/ can't wait for it to finally arrive
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby John » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:53 pm

I don't know in which thread to post this, but this one seems to be the most active. It seems that Noc-Turn missed the charts. I don't see it in either the Top 50 Albums Charts (combined chart) or the Top 30 International Album Charts on Oricon's website. If this is true, then sales were probably fewer than 1000.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

PreviousNext

Return to Jade Valerie News