Sweetest Best Selection 1997-2006 & Sweetest Remix

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Re: Sweetest Best Selection 1997-2006 & Sweetest Remix

Postby Dreamquake » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 am

The "Human Sacrifice" remix is so cheap and early 2000s euro-pop sounding. This poor song has been through enough.

"Read My Mind - sketch remix" is quite good too. Anyway I'll shut-up. It's cool to see some active members on this forum though! Don't know why I always check here when rarely is anything happening. I don't think we'll be getting another album from Jade tbh. She's obviously lost the drive as a solo artist.

Edit: Can confirm the two Geo mixes are the best ones - for here Here Comes the Sun and Life is Cool. The "After the Lights" is literally an ear sore.
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

After sleeping on it, figure the reason it's probably available everywhere it to maximise revenue streams, even if it just going to be pennies at the end of it ;)

As for Sweetest Remix, there's only 3 that I'm not keen on: The two Everything's Gonna Be Alright tracks (I think it's cause I've never really cared for Jade's versions of the original. The only person who can sing that is Tina imho) and the Addicted one. I'd previously checked out some of the previous work by some of the producers in this so had an idea of what to expect and in the end, given the age of some of these tracks *cough16yearscough*, think for the majority of them are quite sympathetic to the original tracks.

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby John » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 am

^I think that they should have had the Reborn version instead of her version from Classified. Jade sounds a bit silly rapping and the Reborn version reflects her artistry better. I also wonder what is Avex's obsession with Geo's Remix of For the Lonely XD. First it appeared on Complete Best and now here again. The original and Even Sweeter Version are so much better!

As for the remixes, I love the Addicted and Here Comes the Sun remixes and Geo's Summernight Remix of Life Is Cool the most. I like the other remixes of Life Is Cool, Somewhere, Read My Mind, and For the Lonely, but those songs are so good that I'd like them anyway. :lol:

I feel conflicted about the After the Lights (OHC Remix) though. I like that they made a dance remix out of the song, but a part of me feels like the song itself is just not meant to be made into a club banger lol
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Jayme » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 am

Wowza, been so long since I've been here I forgot my username! lol (Should be very easy to remember)

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up considering Jade and Geo are giving commentary and seem involved in some capacity but anyone think they could go back to using the Sweetbox name with Avex behind it?
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Rhi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:41 am

Realised this is in Apple Music so listening to the remixes now at work. I'd be keen to read their commentary if anyone has it... honestly I don't care what name they used if it meant more music. Sweetbox crashed and burned since they left, the success justwasnt the same, and fans were conflicted. I feel like people would be conflicted if hey went back to it though. I just want new music it's been too long :cry:

I haven't seen so many comments on these boards in ages it's nice to see people again.

Also out of interest, what a capellas are on the internet?
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Do you mean as in Sweetbox ones? Don't know about them being on the internet but off the top of my head the only one's I can think of are as follows:

I'll Die For You
Don't Go Away
Shout
U Make My Love Come Down
Trying To Be Me
Addicted (Boom Boom Remix A capella)
Addicted (Rich Rich Remix A Capella)

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby John » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Jayme wrote:Wowza, been so long since I've been here I forgot my username! lol (Should be very easy to remember)

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up considering Jade and Geo are giving commentary and seem involved in some capacity but anyone think they could go back to using the Sweetbox name with Avex behind it?

Heiko Schmidt owns the rights to the Sweetbox name and I doubt he'd give it up. Avex owns the rights and masters to the 1995/7?-2006 material.

Besides, it's not like there's a huge demand for Sweetbox anymore. I haven't seen any chart rankings for Sweetest Best Selection 1997-2006 or Sweetest Remix yet, so they probably didn't even chart. Let's not also forget that that last Sweetbox album flopped worse than Jade's post-Sweetbox albums.
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Previous

Return to Jade Valerie News