Jade's Sweetbox albums POSSIBLY coming to iTunes

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Jade's Sweetbox albums POSSIBLY coming to iTunes

Postby Jayme » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I was inquiring about Jade's albums being put on iTunes and the official Twitter for Sweetbox replied back with this:

https://twitter.com/sweetbox/status/389816070585872384

So this is good news! :D
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Re: Jade's Sweetbox albums POSSIBLY coming to iTunes

Postby Aeritho » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Great!

I never understood the feud between sweetbox and copyright/itunes (i didnt own an ipod at the time and I didnt care that much tbh).

So this is great news, I hope we'll be able to get her songs in great quality :D.

Addicted (album) is up on itunes tho

BTW Jayme ur gorgeous!! <3

Aeritho
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby John » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I'd be all for it if Jade & Geo got a cut of the royalties. If not, no thanks!
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby Joshorty » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 am

I think it's great for people who enjoy iTunes purchases in general and the fact her music would (hopefully be) AVAILABLE. It wasn't easy recommending my friends to her music simply because her albums are commercially available only in Japan/Asia. Import prices scare them.

But royalties-wise, it is unfortunate on their side :( Wouldn't they have to buy the rights to all the songs they wrote/composed to gain royalties? I think Mariah Carey had to do that for her entire catalog when leaving Sony.
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Postby John » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 pm

^In Mariah's case, I don't know what happened but if I had to guess, she probably had to buy the recordings of her catalog, but she still might have received royalties from those sales. That happened with Sweetbox too, hence why they had to make new recordings of EGBA & the Classified songs for The Greatest Hits/Best Of 1995-2005 because Sony BMG still owned the original recordings, so Avex couldn't release them. (Eventually Avex did get the rights to the entire 1995-2006 Sweetbox catalog & Heiko Schmidt sold the rights to the recordings in Japan to Avex, which is why Warner had to pay Avex to include Tina & Jade's recordings of EGBA on Diamond Veil.)

In Jade's case, this is probably not the problem. Since Heiko Schmidt owns the publishing rights of Parasongs, he might get all the royalties, which might have been a result of publishing contracts made either early on which now work in his favor or agreements made when Jade & Geo left Sweetbox. If Jade doesn't get royalties from her Sweetbox sales, it's probably due to the publisher more than the record labels (like in Mariah's case), especially because the record labels only have the rights to the recordings in their respective countries, hence why Addicted is on iTunes with no credit to a record label.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Rhi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Has anyone ever heard that Jade and Geo definitely don't get royalties or is it speculation?
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby John » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Heiko Grupe supposedly said that Jade & Geo didn't get any royalties from Complete Best, so I assumed that they wouldn't get any from any Sweetbox release, but it's all still speculation until someone (Jade/Geo/etc) reveals the truth.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Rhi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Hmmm yeah you would have thought if they were receiving royalties that would have from that too :/ I imagine there's no-one we can e-mail and ask really which is a shame. It'd be nice to know if they made anything from them or not
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Jayme » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm

It doesn't make sense for Jade of Geo to get royalties from anything past Addicted. To me anyway - yes they were the musicians, but Geo sold his share afterwards didn't he? That would mean any release after that would be justified in just going straight to Heiko Schmidt.

Not saying that it's right or anything, but it would make sense. Just as it would make sense that if they release Jade's Sweetbox albums on iTunes, she and Geo would get royalties.

Actually, I think I might message Jamie and see if she's getting royalties for The Next Generation and Diamond Veil.

UNLESS the reason they're suddenly doing this whole thing of "Featuring Jamie Pineda" is a way to stop her from getting royalties for any release on iTunes. Hmmmmm..I would bet they'll do the same thing with Jade.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Rhi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:17 pm

It makes sense that they should get the royalties for the albums they did write. Whether they do or not is the question. The music business is strange.

If that is why they're doing the featuring thing all of a sudden that's rubbish.
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Nekorin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 am

I hope I'll be able to buy those Eternity bonus tracks, lol.
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby Jayme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:07 pm

I'd like to point out I'm not sure what's going on with Jade's album but Tina's album is now on Spotify (NA)....so I'm assuming it's on iTunes as well.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Yep, the debut album is up on iTunes (just did a quick search with the tool I've got access to). Also add that Booyah & EGBA (original) single also added.

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Postby John » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 am

Classified is almost on Spotify: https://play.spotify.com/album/6LcGcgHya5kCpOMUmxYkaA

The standard version (i.e. non-Japanese) is there, but you can't listen to it.

I hadn't done a search in a long time, but I just did & I thought I'd give an update on the availability of Jade's CDs. All her Korean releases appear to be out of print (maybe someone else could answer this better, but aren't most music sales in Korea digital? For this reason, I didn't find this too surprising). Her 2010 Asian releases are still available as are most of her Japanese releases. Oddly the 2008 re-release of Classified seems to be the only Avex release out of print. For almost all of us, this update is sort of pointless, because we all have her albums & have had years to collect them by now. I have to admit, however, that I am a little sad when I see her albums no longer available in a physical format because it reminds me even more of her lack of releases these past few years &, although Jade is the sort of artist who would give away her music digitally to us fans who have stuck by her, for me it isn't the same as enjoying the artwork and the booklets. Believe me, I'm not nostalgic for physical formats in general (90%+ of my music collection is digital only), but for Jade's I am because I love the photography and her messages.
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby beelzebumon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Finally all the Jade's albums appear on iTunes
Previously only Addicted can be listened in Taiwan~Now even Rare Tracks is available in Thailand,too
Hope this can help more people reach to her music :D
beelzebumon
Classified Initiate

Next

Return to Jade Valerie News