Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED - October 5 in Los Angeles

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED - October 5 in Los Angeles

Postby John » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:27 am

From the Pause in Joy Facebook page:

We are beyond excited to be asked back to Hotel Cafe with more musical healing vibration than ever before.

Ezina LeBlanc,
Jade Valerie
Anna Schulze
Beth Katte
Lisa Cirincione
Indigo
Max Mozart

I am so excited to introduce some new talent to the Pause in Joy community. Ezina LeBlanc will be honoring us with the launch of her new album "Awakening" available Oct 7th. Ezina is part of the consciousness Divine Goddess Awakening on the planet and trust me you will want to be there to hear this wave coming at you.

Jade will also be gracing us with her stunning voice and some new material. We are so lucky she changed her flight back to Switzerland to stay here for the show, again blessed for her presence and commitment to her art.

Anna and Lisa have been collaborating on some new material and will be giving us a sneak preview of work launching later in the year.

Indigo has just confirmed her commitment to our event and cannot wait for her live performance with her new mic.

Beth will be releasing some new songs that will haunt us and uplifts us for the evening and Max will improv on the evening something that reflect you the audience.

As Jimmy Hendrix once said, "Music would be used to heal one day," and that day is here. We are truly spoiled and blessed to have had these gifted stars to perform for us.

With all that said we have an amazing line up for you on Sunday Oct 5th, 6.30pm - 8.15pm. That's right we have a longer set to dazzle you with and cant wait to share some surprises as we go. Join us in celebrating those who are living their dream and reaching for the stars, as it inspires us all to reach for our own.

Advance $10
Door $15

I wish I could go again, but unfortunately I can't make it this time. I hope one of us will be able to go! :)
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Re: Pause in Joy Unplugged - October 5 in Los Angeles

Postby rohusaga » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:44 am

I hope someone can go and bring some goodies for us (like pictures, setlist...)
So deep is the night... so deep is the night...
rohusaga
Classified Initiate

Re: Pause in Joy Unplugged - October 5 in Los Angeles

Postby Rhi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 pm

I hope they put it on YouTube again!!!
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Re: Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED - October 5 in Los Angeles

Postby John » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:40 pm

^They better!

I just added the event poster to the first post. You may buy tickets now at https://www.hotelcafe.com/tickets/?s=ev ... ew&id=3344
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby tony » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:10 am

wow thank you so much for posting this...i might just have to drive up to la next weekend! :)
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Nekorin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:47 am

Why am I always finding this just too late?! T_T
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby hellozq » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:27 pm

According to some source I get, Jade performed 5 songs in total including After the Lights, Living By Numbers, Here On My Own and maybe two other new ones. The café was packed and over 100 audiences had JADE T-Shirt on. Super amazing!
hellozq
Classified Initiate

Postby John » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:04 pm

hellozq wrote:According to some source I get, Jade performed 5 songs in total including After the Lights, Living By Numbers, Here On My Own and maybe two other new ones. The café was packed and over 100 audiences had JADE T-Shirt on. Super amazing!

I heard the place was packed, as you said! :D & I want to see those Jade shirts! I want one! :lol: I wore my Jade shirt to the first show & showed it to Jade, but she probably thought I was crazy! & that setlist is amazing, but Living by Numbers is kind of random! I hope that someone recorded it like the last one, because I would love to see her performances!

@Nekorin As far as I know, Jade is in California every year for Christmas, so I wouldn't be surprised if she does something in December... :wink:
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby John » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Here's a clip of the end of Lighter Shade of Blue (Here on My Own) and the beginning of Living by Numbers:

I love this arrangement of LBN! :)
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby hellozq » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:06 pm

I also have a video clip of Lighter Shade of Blue, but a different part of the song. It has always been one of my favourite songs. I'm so glad that Jade chose this song for the show.

PS Hotel Café will upload the full videos soon.
hellozq
Classified Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 am

Awesome vocals <3 Would love to see the other tracks.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 pm

I love the "Living By Numbers" performance - so random! That's so cool that you managed to attend this event - ugh the one year of my life that I live in Japan and Jade/Sweetbox is nowhere to be seen. I didn't bother flying to Tokyo to Lady Gaga, but I would for Jade because I know that experience is beyond rare. I'm quite ready for my next dose of Jade though, but I can't help but feel it might not ever come... :( I just can't see who's gonna give her that chance after pretty much four flop albums (if we consider Out of the Box as well).

(+ Thanks for sorting out my login issue Nem.)
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 pm

^ No problem, it was a server issue, so had to resolve it anyhoo :D
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby John » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Dreamquake wrote:I love the "Living By Numbers" performance - so random! That's so cool that you managed to attend this event - ugh the one year of my life that I live in Japan and Jade/Sweetbox is nowhere to be seen. I didn't bother flying to Tokyo to Lady Gaga, but I would for Jade because I know that experience is beyond rare. I'm quite ready for my next dose of Jade though, but I can't help but feel it might not ever come... :( I just can't see who's gonna give her that chance after pretty much four flop albums (if we consider Out of the Box as well).

(+ Thanks for sorting out my login issue Nem.)

I couldn't make it to this show, but I would have loved to have been there! I hope we get the official videos soon. It's such a tease!
May 25, 2014
John
Team Jade

Postby Taotrac » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am

I really wish Jade would try to touch down a base in Nashville and do something a bit more grounded musically... I really think her voice would be so well suited for really emotional, story-telling acoustic/country songs. In my opinion, her voice has always been just as good (and really identical at times) as Carrie Underwood's.

Imagine the song After The Lights redone with a bit more of a country flair and being a duet with one of the current country male stars. It could really be a hit, and there's so much Sweetbox material that she could update the songs and have fresh hits all over the radio - no one knows about the music after all. A sound like the country song Whiskey Lullabye suits Jade's voice so much!

Even Goodbye, if it was redone a bit more like a whispery Dolly Parton song, Jade could really have some major country hits... those emotional, story-telling, religious songs really are huge over here. I'd at least rather Jade go this route than never hitting the right stone with some of the project demos that have been around... that brand of pop has just gone and went so long ago.

And the best thing about Nashville, is that a lot of major places that major bands play also are very open to anyone with any trace of experience in the music industry. There's a major venue there called the Exit/In, it's a tiny place, but major bands love playing there, I've seen Three Doors Down, Serena Ryder, 3 Days Grace, all sorts of famous performers there. There's a lot of venues that could put her name out there, as long as her performances were top notch (we have to all admit that Jade's live performances go back and forth between being a little rusty and quite perfect.)

Heck, imagine if she'd get some football game to let her sing the National Anthem.... it'd probably make the Yahoo! front page. I just think she really needs to get out there and especially do a lot of Acapella stuff, random performances, things that matter. And kick the horrible back-up band! Lol. I'm sure Jade is only doing what she's comfortable with, and that's fine, but with a voice like hers, it's to the point I wish she'd do anything just to get discovered.

Even performing at ComicCon events for 1,000 Words and Real Emotion would probably give half those people a heartattack. They hold Karoke events at those all the time for gamer songs, and it'd probably put an event on the map.
<---- Look I gots a avatars!!!
Taotrac
Here On My Own Initiate

Next

Return to Jade Valerie News