Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Postby John » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:27 am

The new Symphobia album (Geo's latest classical meets pop project) features not 1, but 2 songs with Jade.

From Symphobia's Facebook post on December 24:
Symphobia wrote:Merry Christmas, everyone!!
We are so excited to announce the release for the next single "What's Done Is Done" feat. Jade & Marinoux on Jan 14, next year. This will be the last before the main single "We Are".

The physical release of the album is Feb 18, 2015 ("finally"!!)
The digital release gonna be in January (TBA).

We are now super busy making the music videos for What's Done and the main single.We will keep you posted. Stay tuned!!

What's Done Is Done - Single artwork:

The album is called Noc-Turn. Here's the album's page on Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/Noc-Turn-%E4%BB ... 00RDPVF6I/

The song Victory samples Vivaldi's Violin Sonata (not sure which one). What's Done Is Done does not have a classical sample.

Here's Jade with Marinoux, Geo, & Adeesha:

First officially released song since 2011 (excluding the Sprite demos)!!! First music video since 2009! :D :-o :shock:
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Re: Symphobia - Victory (feat. Jade Valerie)

Postby Taotrac » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:51 am

Searched around and saw that the song's name is going to be Victory! But geez... here's a single from the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcrCt7gnSjE

You know what, instead of saying anything negative, I'll say something good. I like this new singer's jacket. That's a nice jacket. And she sings pretty good for someone who moves like she's having an epilepsy fit.

Oops, went too far.

I just miss Jade so much. :crying:
<---- Look I gots a avatars!!!
Taotrac
Here On My Own Initiate

Postby Jayme » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:17 pm

I know many will find this next statement controversial (I think I said this in the Symphobia thread on this site) but I'll say it anyway...

I feel like this is what Geo has been wanting to do for years. Not since he and Jade started working together obviously, but something new - I love Symphobia and I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that catches on fast in Japan. Geo has an admiration for hip hop and pop. Judging by what we've heard from Adeesha so far, I feel like she'll be able to sing pretty well too. Her rapping is great and she has a variety of sounds she can do.... "Brand New Day" is so different from "I Do I Do" and I'm excited to see what else Geo + Adeesha have in store for us.

As far as the song with Jade, I cannot wait! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come but I'm not expecting anything after this song. I've kinda almost given up on Jade releasing another album.... no offense intended.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Nekorin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 am

I have mixed feelings about it. If it were sung instead of rapped I think I'd like it more, but the sound is very 'Eternity,' which I do like.

Jayme, Why do you think this means Jade is done? I don't really know what it looks like when a musician is slowing down or picking back up, but shouldn't her participation in new stuff be a good sign?
Nekorin
Classified Initiate

Postby Jayme » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Nekorin wrote:I have mixed feelings about it. If it were sung instead of rapped I think I'd like it more, but the sound is very 'Eternity,' which I do like.

Jayme, Why do you think this means Jade is done? I don't really know what it looks like when a musician is slowing down or picking back up, but shouldn't her participation in new stuff be a good sign?

If it were an artist who was mainstream, sure, but with Jade being an "Underground" artist who isn't very well known it's hard to tell. On Symphobia's page it says that Adeesha + Geo have been working together for around 3 years. So for all we know Jade's vocals could be from a time long ago, lol.

I'm only using (relevant) past stuff as an indicator. Come November, it will be five years without a new album - logic tells you that something is up.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 am

Symphobia doesn't sound new, nor fresh, it sounds like pre-Jade sweetbox. Very dated and a bit annoying tbh. I think GEO has lost it a bit. Ran out of ideas.
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby tony » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:44 am

so the album is delayed until next year :(
tony
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 am

tony wrote:so the album is delayed until next year :(

No big loss. :wink:
Dreamquake
After The Lights Initiate

Re: Symphobia & Jade Valerie - What's Done Is Done & Victory

Postby John » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Updated the first post with amazing news! :)
May 25, 2014
Pause in Joy UNPLUGGED Live at the Hotel Café in Los Angeles
John
Team Jade

Postby TopCat » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks for the update, John.
At least Jade gets a little feature on this project. These days we have to be happy with little I guess...
TopCat
Razorman Initiate

Postby Jayme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:06 pm

I'll definitely be purchasing the Symphobia album, but it won't take precedence over anything else like past Jade/Sweetbox albums have. I'm intrigued with what I've heard so far.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby Rhi » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm sure I'll get it, if nothing else I'm curious to hear the album
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Jayme » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Here's the video for "What's Done is Done"!

I actually love the song! Jade hasn't lost it a bit. And Adeesha is REALLY impressing me.. her style is so versatile.. I love the bridge.. "Here I go again, getting comfortable with pain..and I just feel so far away.." Can't wait to hear Victory. this is actually incredible..
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby PeterJ » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:02 am

I really like it, it's catchy. But why is Marinoux ( whoever she is ) singing in French? She sounds great but it just seems very random.

Hopefully this means Jade is on her way back with some of her own music! It's been long enough now…
PeterJ
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Vhazza » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:43 am

Have to admit that this is the only song so far that I've liked so far. Really like Marinoux voice though

Oh and Jayme, updated you're link (as you might see). Seems the video you were linking to was removed :s

Regards
Vhari x
Personal Blog| YouTube | My Etsy Store
~This is where we go our separate ways. You go yours, and I'll go mine. And maybe one day, we'll meet again~
Vhazza
Team Jade

Next

Return to Jade Valerie News