2018 check in

Latest info on Jade Valerie and ETERNITY 8

Moderators: TopCat, Joshorty, Rhi, Team Jade

2018 check in

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Well stragglers — who of us remain? Am currently watching the Sweetbox Live in Seoul concert on YouTube and it’s making me miss Jade so much! Why did she give up and disappear? We’ve missed out on 10 year and of her and it’s so depressing. She was an incredible artist and so many of her songs and lyrics resonated me. Plus she was an amazing vocalist and beautiful - the perfect package. But she spat out Saint Vox and called it a day basically.

Any news? Any way to contact her? I can take believe she went from an internationally touring artist to literally zilch just for a damn family.
Dreamquake
13 Chapters Initiate

Re: 2018 check in

Postby Jayme » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:57 am

Others probably won't agree with you but I do. I came on the boards in December and was like, Seriously.....NO ONE has posted in months? No update? Nothing?

Assuming there is nothing medically wrong with her, her children, etc, I can't imagine why she hasn't updated us in some way. It's not like her. Jade has always maintained a closeness to her fans and updated us through the years. It's somewhat depressing. I'm trying not to sound like she owes us because she doesn't -- but to not say anything is kind of.....rough lol.
Jayme
Addicted Initiate

Postby John » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 am

I'm still around here and there! Every once in a while I'll get really nostalgic for Jade. Just a few weeks ago, I was watching all the old music videos and reminiscing. Her music will always be a part of me and I would love for another album, but I'm not counting on it. I would love to see her live again.

Honestly I have no idea about what she's been up to in the past couple years.
John
Team Jade

Postby Dreamquake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 am

Jayme wrote:Others probably won't agree with you but I do. I came on the boards in December and was like, Seriously.....NO ONE has posted in months? No update? Nothing?

Assuming there is nothing medically wrong with her, her children, etc, I can't imagine why she hasn't updated us in some way. It's not like her. Jade has always maintained a closeness to her fans and updated us through the years. It's somewhat depressing. I'm trying not to sound like she owes us because she doesn't -- but to not say anything is kind of.....rough lol.

I am on board - like I love her regardless but like it's just BIZAARE! She had a solid (albeit little) fanbase, and then she just decided to halt communications other than the odd FB update for god knows how many years now. Like we're in the technological era - is a wee social media post enough to undertake?

I assume she has some kind of reason to want to be a recluse, it's hard to believe she lost interest in being an artist / singer. Did something legal-y happen to her? Did her marriage break-up leaving her miserable or something? In which case I'd kinda understand, I guess it's the not-knowing. Jade why did thou hast forsake us?? :crying:

This is giving me "This is a case for the FBI" Kris Jenner gif teas.
Dreamquake
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby PeterJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 pm

She moved to Houston, Texas in October 2017…
PeterJ
Cinderella Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 pm

PeterJ wrote:She moved to Houston, Texas in October 2017…

Lord she probably voted for Trump. :burning:

Someone find her and force her to write, record, release and promote new music.
Dreamquake
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby njanjayrp » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I think she is just enjoying life and spending time with her kids and family (at least that's as far as I can tell from social media).
ImageImageImage
njanjayrp
Team Jade

Postby Rhi » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Which is fair enough. I’d love new music but she has to live how she wants to, and do what makes her happy.
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby DayDream » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

I will always wait for new music from her. No matter how long she takes for herself and for her family. Maybe one day we'll get a new album. I'll wait for it because I think it's worth it :).
Life Is Like A Ferris Wheel, You Just Have To Get Up Again!
DayDream
Jade Silver Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 am

I just harassed the Jade Valerie facebook page (though I assume it's run by one of you guys lol) for updates on Jade. Last we heard from her was 2015! It's like sis...

Also my username on here is so embarassing now. :oops:
Dreamquake
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby Rhi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 am

What’s your username from? I still like it :)
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby Dreamquake » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:03 am

Rhi wrote:What’s your username from? I still like it :)

It was from some silly book I used to like - I thought it was cool at the time, but I guess it makes me cringe cause it reminds me of how I used to be obsessed with fantasy to an embarassing extent.

Anyway that's all cool Jade has a family but hello it's 2018 - there's no reason for skilled, talented and beloved international musicians to disappear from the world just because they had a family. You can have both! :mrgreen:
Dreamquake
13 Chapters Initiate

Postby Rhi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Well I still like it, if that makes you feel any better :lol:

I wonder how she feels about music professionally now and what she’s doing - is she still songwriting, is she still recording, is she still in contact with Geo, or has she decided that she isn’t pursuing music professionally anymore? It’s a shame she doesn’t have a Twitter or something that she will use and reply to fans, but it is her decision and I will respect that, however much I’d like to know more. Maybe one day she will share something.
Rhi
Killing Me DJ Initiate

Postby John » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:21 pm

I always felt like Jade was a bit of an underdog in the music industry, so I’d totally understand if she felt disillusioned and didn’t want to continue pursuing her pop music career. The industry is especially unforgiving to women over 35. If she’s not going to perform/record anymore, I’d love for her to get recognition and success as a songwriter, sort of like a Sia or a Bonnie McKee.
John
Team Jade

Postby Joshorty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Funny I actually messaged Nem via instagram recently saying that I’ve been reminiscing Jade’s albums after not listening to her for so long (currently on the infamous Rare Tracks album which I purchased just 10 years ago ...). I also have a lot of good memories if not only for Jade’s music itself: the messageboards on both the official sweetbox and here at jade-nation (formerly sweetbox-nation), talking to a lot of you on MSN for long hours overnight because of timezone differences, etc etc. 2006 was probably the golden year for me, a peak of when we were all VERY active in discussing with each other. I also apologize for giving anyone a hard time I was an annoying fan boy both in virtual reality and reality haha. I did manage to gain a few fans among my friends who genuinely love her music and have heard her entire discography, which a i thought was cool.

What I find when reminiscing her music is that she is no doubt an incredible song writer after all these years. In the face of the music industry, she is, as John said, an underdog that I want to keep rooting for. I learned so much about the music industry when questioning why someone who sings English only releases in international markets (probably another reason why almost every song she’s written has choruses that repeats itself easily). Even to this day the North American industry is less likely to promote, include or appreciate an artist with an Asian ethnicity. Though there’s a slow movement in the entertainment industry to be more diverse and inclusive, we still have a long way to go. I hope nothing discouraged her from being the gem of the artist we all appreciated. If she is simply enjoying life, then she has every right to as well. I just wish her ability as a song writer is recognized, even if it means writing for other artists to shop from.

O and I managed to finally purchase and hear her first album Classified back in December 2015 when Amazon sold it for $7.92. Not kidding and it was legit from the retailer itself, not a market place seller. Looking at the current prices they’re selling the albums for makes me glad I still have my collection intact (Rest in peace to Dreamquake’s Bittersweet Symphony CD :’( - last I heard it was shattered in pieces).

And if it makes you feel better Dreamquake, my name is as embarrassing here among other online usernames I created the past 10 years lol.
Joshorty
You Don't Know Me Initiate

Next

Return to Jade Valerie News